No surprises: VAT and all taxes for UK are included in the price

Domaine Lafage Centenaire

Century-old vineyards overlooking the Mediterranean
75 cl.
2023
75 cl.
2022
92 Suckling
redeemGet £0.25 in Saldo Decántalo by buying this product
Details
Alcohol 13.00%
Production area Languedoc-Roussillon
Contains sulphites
Varieties 80% Garnacha Blanca, 20% Roussanne
Service 9.0
Volume 75 cl.
Tasting notes

White wine.

Style Domaine Lafage Centenaire
Young
Barrel
Light
Body
Less aromatic
Very aromatic
Pairing
White fish, White meats, Sushi, Pasta, Seafood

About Domaine Lafage Centenaire

If you have heard people talking about “surf and turf”, you should know that this expression refers to a culinary tradition that combines ingredients from the sea and the land. This blend of flavours is common in several regional cuisines and uses fresh local products from both the sea and the land. However, when this expression is used to describe the wines made by Domaine Lafage, we are talking about a winery whose wines are the direct result of unique terroirs that enjoy the Mediterranean sea breeze and the tramontana winds that ventilate the vines at 300 metres above sea level. A total of 36 hectares of old vines in the Perpignan area of Languedoc-Roussillon (France) that Jean-Marc Lafage and his wife Éliane Salinas cultivate to create a wide variety of fresh, fun and easy to drink white, rosé and red wines.

Domaine Lafage Centenaire is a white wine made from the Grenache Blanc, Grenache Gris and Roussanne varieties. These are old vines aged over 90 years old in maritime terroirs with pebble soils and views of the Mediterranean. The vines are cultivated using environmentally friendly agriculture and the harvest is carried out manually in two stages. Then, in the winery, a third sorting is carried out before the grapes are gently pressed to begin fermentation. Finally, 70% of the wine is aged on fine lees and the remaining 30% in new barrels for 4 months.

The fruit of centuries-old vines, hence its name, Domaine Lafage Centenaire is a white wine that reflects all the characteristics you get from the sea breeze and the tramontana wind. A introduction to the IGP Côtes Catalanes at a very attractive price.

 

2021

Domaine Lafage Centenaire 2021 is a creamy white wine with aromas of citrus fruits, white fruits and floral hints accompanied by mineral notes. On the palate it is rich, powerful and unctuous. A wine with good tension that gives intense fruity sensations and wonderful mineral sensations.

2023
92 Suckling
2022
92 Suckling
89 Winespectator
2021
92 Suckling

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

£12.27 Duty paid
£11.03 c/u Save £7.44
£11.03 c/u Save £7.44